Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Format numeric field without a comma

ScottShimer
7 - Meteor

I cannot figure out how to format a numeric value, then render it without the "," separators.  I do not want it as a Text column, it is a record ID, but It should be numeric so Excel does warn about having numeric content is a text field.

10 REPLIES 10
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ScottShimer ,

When transforming a text field with a comma as decimal separator to a double type, you need to select the check box down below the select tool.

fmvizcaino_1-1581028278666.png

Best,

Fernando V.

AndrewS
11 - Bolide

Hi @ScottShimer , @fmvizcaino 

I interpreted this as you are trying to stop comma appearing on your RecordID field when you open it in excel?

recordIDcomma.PNG

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @ScottShimer ,

if you're using a Table tool and a Render tool for output to Excel, you have to define a column rule within the Table tool.

Select the field and "Column Rules":

ColumnRules.png

As an option within the column rule, you can define the number of decimal places for output. 

SetDecimals.png

The column appears in Excel as a numeric column without decimal places.

Hope, this is helpful.

Best,

Roland

ScottShimer
7 - Meteor

Thanks, Roland, but it is the comma "," I want to get rid of in the output, e.g. 1000 not 1,000.

ScottShimer
7 - Meteor

You are correct, thanks!

AndrewS
11 - Bolide

Hi @ScottShimer,

I haven't seen a way around this - other than output as string and set your excel smart tag options to ignore numeric strings?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Removing-commas-from-field/td-p/108216

Uli123
7 - Meteor

Hi Andrew, im running into this issue as well, i.e. need the format to be numeric in Excel but i also don't want commas and decimals.

with regard to your suggestion of using ,"excel smart tag options to ignore numeric strings". do you have an article or link i could find how to accomplish this?

Newt
8 - Asteroid

This is a problem for me as well.  I want years (Int32) to show in a Basic Table without the comma.  How?  Thanks!

ChrisPoynter
6 - Meteoroid

Did you get an answer to this as I have the same issue?

Labels