Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Format Table Query

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

How do I format my Table in such a way that it has no background colour i.e. No Fill?

5 REPLIES 5
ADerbak
11 - Bolide

If I understand your question correctly, you can edit the table using the default table settings. Just remove all coloring on borders, backgrounds, etc.

I hope that helps!

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

@ADerbak  I don't see an option to make the table transparent with only text and borders?

ADerbak
11 - Bolide

When you say transparent, are you trying to overlay this onto another picture?

Within Default Table Settings, you would want to edit the following:

• Data:
    • Background Color = White
    • Alternate Color = White
  • Header
    • Background Color = White
  • Borders
    • Color (Data) = White
    • Color (Header) = White
    • Row Borders = None
  • Table
    • Table Border = No

From there, you can do alignment, formatting, etc. on each of the fields by clicking the field and adjusting the parameters immediately to the right.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you're using the Reporting tools (Table, Render), it's not possible to my knowledge to produce an Excel table with no fill. If you want no fill/no formatting at all, you can use the standard Output tool to write data to Excel. 

aweiss2k
7 - Meteor

This seems like an easy fix and totally worthwhile.  Most of the time I *do* want to format the Excel output in various ways, but I *don't* want any fill color behind certain cells.  I'm not sure why the Table tool forces a background color for all cells.

Also, when I use the Table tool, the vertical alignment (Top, Middle, Bottom) is set to Top and I don't see anyplace to change that.  There is a way to set the horizontal alignment in the Row Rules, but that's it.

Labels