Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Format Alteryx output

TiboC
5 - Atom

Hi all,

Please find in the screenshot enclosed the 3 formatting questions I am having concerning the format of my alteryx output. On the left side you can see my current alteryx output. On the Right side you can see how the formatted output should look like.

A) I would need to export my alteryx output into a standard template (BoxA). 

B) The headers of my output (BoxB) should be formatted with (bold, text color, fill color & wrap text)

C) The numbers in (BoxC) should be formatted 

TiboC_0-1605262380580.png

Can someone help me with my case? Is this possible in alteryx?

Thanks in advance.

Tibo

6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@TiboC
Maybe Table tool can do it.

Check this one first and then we can furnish your workflow further.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Table/ta-p/49555

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can create the template with the reporting tools. I've created a simple example with the text and table tools, and you can format as you'd like.

echuong1_0-1605282404210.png

echuong1_1-1605282421437.png

TiboC
5 - Atom

Hi @echuong1,

Thanks for the quick reply. This is already a big help, but some problems occur.

- The added report text occupies the entire width of the table. In reality my table is 20 columns wide which results in a misplaced layout. Is it possible to put the text only in the first column?

- What if I would need to add other tables to the same render output but in a different sheet? I knew how this was done with the Output data tool, but is this also possible with the render tool?

Thanks In advance!

Tibo

Accrual
7 - Meteor

Take a look at this post: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Alteryx-Run-Command-Executing-Excel...

This is the more ideal way to format the excel, reporting is ok, but its better to just code the VBA and have Alteryx execute the vba. This is what I do for a lot of reports I am generating for my current company.

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

For the first issue, I suggest changing the alignment to the Right rather than centered.

With regard to having multiple tables in the same output, yes this is possible. See this post for an example:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Change-Excel-sheet-name-in-file-genera... 

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @TiboC 

- What if I would need to add other tables to the same render output but in a different sheet? I knew how this was done with the Output data tool, but is this also possible with the render tool?

Yes!

If the data stream have "sheetname" field, Render tool output the data to each sheet.

Labels