Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Forecasting using multiple groupings (ARIMA)

mseelan
7 - Meteor

HI, I am using the TS Forecast (ARIMA) to forecast sales units, for customer/product for the next 12 months, I have installed the TS Forecast Model Factory, but cant figure out how to do this? any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Mark

7 REPLIES 7
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi,

can you have a look at this link ?

Regards 

mseelan
7 - Meteor

Hi @WilliamR, I did go though this, with the tool it only allows for one grouping field and target, with my analysis I am forecasting for sales by 2 grouping fields customer(s) and product(s), thoughts?

TS Model Factory.PNG

Thanks

Mark

WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi,

if you want to forecats by group customer/product, you should concatenate those variables in one with a formula tool no? So your model would take one field for the grouping field and you will have one forecat per customer/product.

mseelan
7 - Meteor

Hi, great thought this should work, thanks for pointing this out

ckaita
6 - Meteoroid

Hi William, 

Could I use 4 dimensions/groups for forecasting;

Will the same methodology of concatenation work?

Should this be done using TS Model Factory tool?

Forecast Sales by below grouping :

Product/Year/Segment/Customer Type

WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi,

yes you can use a concatenation to create your group and use the TS factory tools to forecast by group.

William.

vivaisun11
7 - Meteor

Hey there,

I tried using the tool, but I am getting the entire workflow of the macro instead of just the icon and do not know how to input the files/ data.

vvibes_0-1595540640257.png

Labels