Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Forecasting using multiple groupings (ARIMA)

mseelan
7 - Meteor

HI, I am using the TS Forecast (ARIMA) to forecast sales units, for customer/product for the next 12 months, I have installed the TS Forecast Model Factory, but cant figure out how to do this? any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Mark

7 REPLIES 7
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi,

can you have a look at this link ?

Regards 

mseelan
7 - Meteor

Hi @WilliamR, I did go though this, with the tool it only allows for one grouping field and target, with my analysis I am forecasting for sales by 2 grouping fields customer(s) and product(s), thoughts?

TS Model Factory.PNG

Thanks

Mark

WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi,

if you want to forecats by group customer/product, you should concatenate those variables in one with a formula tool no? So your model would take one field for the grouping field and you will have one forecat per customer/product.

mseelan
7 - Meteor

Hi, great thought this should work, thanks for pointing this out

ckaita
6 - Meteoroid

Hi William, 

Could I use 4 dimensions/groups for forecasting;

Will the same methodology of concatenation work?

Should this be done using TS Model Factory tool?

Forecast Sales by below grouping :

Product/Year/Segment/Customer Type

WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi,

yes you can use a concatenation to create your group and use the TS factory tools to forecast by group.

William.

vivaisun11
7 - Meteor

Hey there,

I tried using the tool, but I am getting the entire workflow of the macro instead of just the icon and do not know how to input the files/ data.

vvibes_0-1595540640257.png

Labels