Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Forecasting sales of new product based on historical trended sales of existing product

LIOUJ
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Time Series and so need a little help.  I am trying migrate some modelling in Excel to Alteryx, one in particular relates to modelling sales for Brand B based on the historical trended sales of Brand B.  In excel I am able to use the coefficient of a time series of historical sales of brand A to model out what the sales of brand B should (theoretically) be.  How do you do that in a Alteryx workflow?

In the attached workflow I want to perform the following:

1. run a timeseries forecast for brand A for period before brand B's launch (done)

2. use the coefficient from step 1 above to forecast brand A's sales for period after brand B's launch - how to do this?

3. use the coefficient from step 1 above to forecast brand B's sales for period after brand B's launch - how to do this?

thanks

1 REPLY 1
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @LIOUJ ,

You just need to snaffle the coefficient values from the data, which comes out of the O output of the Time Series model as a blob. You can convert the blob and hack out the bits and pieces manually, or you can use a bit of R code ( that I borrowed from @AndrewKramer from THIS feed).

mceleavey_0-1634038743384.png

You should now have the following columns:

mceleavey_1-1634038774404.png

You can now add these to the second model.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Labels