Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Forecasting by Location

rmalenda
5 - Atom

Hello!  I've set up a workflow to forecast enrollment projections at multiple locations.  Currently, the workflow is pulling total enrollment to forecast by year, but my Excel file also includes enrollment data at specific locations.  I plan to import this data into Power BI.  Is there a way to set up a workflow so that users in Power BI will be able to data specific to their permissions?  I would like to forecast in one year intervals for three cycles. They would need access in one of the following categories:

• Users who can view data at all locations and total enrollment data
  • Users who can view data at specific locations assigned
  • Users who can view data at one location assigned

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @rmalenda 

It makes me sad when topics don't get helpful replies. Unfortunately, I don't have any constructive input regarding Power BI (nor am I aware of a Power BI resource to tag in). 

I feel like the lack of replies might be due to the disconnect between your title and the subject of your question. While "Location Forecasting" is the subject of your application, your question revolves around Power BI user-level access. I came here for "Location Forecasting", but I have nothing to offer on Power Bi so this is why I'm replying in this manner. 

If you can edit the title to include "Power BI", or add a "Power BI" tag, that would be great. Otherwise I'm worried this topic won't be see by the right audience. 

Labels