Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Forecast the data with logic calculation

Vanithast
5 - Atom

Friend,

I have Input1 which is the output file from my Alteryworkflow. It has the details of Base_Forecast, Nonbase_Forecast, Hourly_Forecast. I have considered Current month as June 2021. Hence I arrived forecast value for July & Aug 2021 from my data.

My requirement is I have to calculate forecast value for rest of the month from Input1 i.e from Sep to Dec 2021 using below logic. 

Calculation to arrive Forecast for rest of the months:

Step1:(Target Value – Previous month Value)/No.of Rest of Months

Eg: 100-92=8; 8/4=2 (Rest of Months= Sep to Dec)

Step2:For Following month = Previous month value+Step1 value

Eg: For September month = 92+2=94

For October month   94+2=96

For November month = 96+2=98

For December month   98+2=100

Vanithast_0-1638454721086.png

Kindly assist me to arrive the result friends. 

Regards,

Vanitha

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Vanithast ,

A couple of questions, if you are looking to forecast into the future based on figures over time, is there any reason you wouldn't use Time Series modeling?

Also, the data you have provided is not the same as the image you have provided, so the calculations make no sense.

M.

Bulien

Vanithast
5 - Atom

Hi mceleavey,

Thanks for your response. Image what I shared above is to understand better. In the attached Input1 I have data Forecast value for July & Aug since I have consider current month as June. Since we are in Dec 2021, I cannot do the testing. Hence I have simulated the Month & consider month as June. Hence During June I will get July & Aug month forecast value from my share-point data (Calculated using Alteryx workflow). Prior to June I will add data manually but its not required now since we are in Dec 2021, From Jan 2022 I will get complete data. And I have Unique Filed Busincess Unit & IT Org. Each business unit & Org has 1 to 12 months. 

Vanithast_0-1638511501282.png

Calculation Requirement is : 

Now I have to pull recent month Forecast value(Aug) to following month(Sep) & add calculated value (i.e (Target value - Aug month Forecast value)/ Number of rest of months i.e Sep, Oct, Nov & Dec.

Same calculation should be apply for all rest of the months at the same time. 

Above calculation should repeat for every month.

Advance Thanks for your support. 

Regards,

Vanitha

Labels