Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

For those using Tableau and Alteryx - Tableau TWBX macro for Alteryx

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi,

This might be of interest for the ones who have both Alteryx and Tableau or are considering buying one of them.

Video: https://vimeo.com/162338030

This macro help you mass generate TWBX (Packaged Tableau Workbooks) from a template using Alteryx. The macro is part of the Inviso Macro pack that can be downloaded here: inviso.dk/2016/the-inviso-macro-pack-for-alteryx

This macro help you mass generate TWBX (Packaged Tableau Workbooks) from a template using Alteryx. The macro is part of the Inviso Macro pack that can be downloaded here: http://inviso.dk/2016/the-inviso-macro-pack-for-alteryx
Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks for sharing! 

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi @danielbrun

I get the below error while using the TWBX Macro file, It is looking for batchfile.bat file and looks like it is missed in the installer.

error.PNG

Thanks for your time and help

Thanks

Karthik

Highlighted

Hi Karthik,

The batchfile.bat should be created by the workflow itself. Could you please try to enable "Show all macro messages" (see screenshot) and send me the log?

Skærmbillede 2016-07-18 kl. 10.12.47.png

Best,

Daniel

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi Daniel

Thanks for your reply

The output did not generate the twbx files and I see that it is generating the tde and twb files in the output folder but it is getting over written by the field which I selected. I dont even see a single twbx file generation after the output.

Error2.PNG

Here is the view of the Folder after the run

Macro Test Folder.PNG

temp folder.PNG

on first run it did not get generated the batchfile.bat file but some how tried different workbooks and it got generated but it just has the copy command and do not see any zip command included to generated the twbx files. Looks like something is missing here

batchfile pic from the macro.PNG

Thanks

Karthik

Highlighted

Hi Again,

Could you maybe try to send me your workflow.

Best,

Daniel

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

I am attaching the whole folder including the workflow , excel file and tde file.

Let me know if you have any issues. 

Thanks

Vishwa

Highlighted

Hi,

I think we need to do a Webex to sort it out. I just ran your flow and get no errors :S

Best regards,

Daniel

Highlighted

I have done a update. Please try to download the new version and as we discussed on the phone the .net 4.5 framework.

Best regards,

Daniel

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi Daniel

Installing Powershell 3 and above has resolved the issue. It doesnt work with Power shell v2.

Thanks

Karthik

Labels