Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Flagging a data set based on multiple rows in another one

Sekiro
5 - Atom

Hi Community, 

I am trying to work out whether Ad exposure influenced users to activate the advertised app. 

I have a logic defining what counts as "influenced", but it requires one data set to look up multiple rows in the other, and I don't know how to I express it using Alteryx. 

Please refer to the attached excel sheet for visual representation. 

Basically, I have 2 inputs. One is ad exposure history, containing userIDs and dates when they were exposed to the ad. Second is app usage history, containing userID and dates of when the advertised app was activated. I want to flag each row of the former when app activities were present in the latter within 5 days after the ad exposure. That way I can identify which ad exposure to whom worked and which did not. 

I initially thought the first step is to join the 2 data sets, but this will expand the data sets greatly. Perhaps I should summarize the second data set, but I don't know how. 

Does anybody know smart ways to perform the desired processing?

I thank you for taking in a look in advance!

Thank you,

Yoshi 

2 REPLIES 2
KarolinaRoza
11 - Bolide

Hi @Sekiro

KarolinaRoza_0-1618995745140.png

Sekiro
5 - Atom

Hi KarolinaRoza, 

Thank you so much for taking a look and creating a sample flow!

The logic of the flow you have provided makes perfect sense. I am struggling to see if it worked as actual data set is massive, but your flow is behaving as I wanted so I am in the clear. I'll keep this method in mind as it is very useful. 

Again, thank you so much for your help! 

Labels