Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fixing Workflow Slowness, Keep on Spinning

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine created a workflow and while it is working, I noticed some problems. Like when I try to save it, it takes time to finish saving it. It keeps on spinning and spinning, it take hours before it is done. When I would like to open the email tool, again spinning and eats a lot of time. May I know what solution I can do to improve its performance. Other workflow works good. Only this workflow has problem especially when saving. I've tried copy and paste and save it to a new filename but sadly it doesn't fix the issue.

Please advise on how I can solve this issue.

Thanks,

Kamen

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @KamenRider,

It may be useful to have a look at what part of the workflow is causing this issue. Have you tried enabling Performance Profiling in the runtime configuration?

this will help identify which tools are causing the slowness of executing your workflow:

IraWatt_0-1655913751728.png

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @IraWatt 

Here;s the results. Would you know the problems and how to fix it. It really eats time when saving.

KamenRider_0-1655917555257.png

Hoping for your response.

Thanks,

Kamen

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It looks like the output data tool is talking the most time, what are you outputting too and what is the size of the data? @KamenRider you could try outputting to yxdb (Alteryx's standard data format) that may speed things up. 

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @KamenRider!

It may have something to do with your inputs. Are any of those database connections? Are you working on a slow internet connection?

I work with one database that makes my workflow painfully slow to edit. To get around it, I put the offending input into a container and disable it temporarily while I make edits to the workflow. I have a sample extract of the data to connect to do any testing.

Hope this helps!

Deb

Labels