Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fixing E+11 notation from CSV/Excel

George_Fischetti
8 - Asteroid

Hi folks, I'm using csv files as my source, there is 40 of them.  when I process each file I have my bank account number showing values such as the figure below

George_Fischetti_0-1634145236918.png

At the source, this field is coming in as a V_WString, I then follow with a Data Cleaning tool and Select tool.  It looks like the format changes to V_String after the Select tool.

How would I fix this so that the entire account number is shown?

Thanks!  George

24 REPLIES 24
George_Fischetti
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 see attached.  I've given you the account field but also the zip code field which is performing similarly.  If I click into each individual record I do see the actual account number, but I'm dealing with 39 files and over 21 million records so that method doesn't work.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @George_Fischetti 

Can you provide the expected output for the input.

George_Fischetti
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 updated as requested.....

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @George_Fischetti 

Data seems to loading properly for me.

atcodedog05_1-1635350051056.png

If its not working only possible solution would change the datatype in excel before loading it into Alteryx.

atcodedog05_0-1635349968207.png

Hope this helps : )

George_Fischetti
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 Thank you for your input.  Its strange that the data loads perfectly for you but not me.  Could there be a setting in my Excel that is not set properly?  I was trying to avoid going into each file and resaving but it looks like I won't have a choice.

Labels