Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fixing E+11 notation from CSV/Excel

George_Fischetti
8 - Asteroid

Hi folks, I'm using csv files as my source, there is 40 of them.  when I process each file I have my bank account number showing values such as the figure below

George_Fischetti_0-1634145236918.png

At the source, this field is coming in as a V_WString, I then follow with a Data Cleaning tool and Select tool.  It looks like the format changes to V_String after the Select tool.

How would I fix this so that the entire account number is shown?

Thanks!  George

24 REPLIES 24
George_Fischetti
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 see attached.  I've given you the account field but also the zip code field which is performing similarly.  If I click into each individual record I do see the actual account number, but I'm dealing with 39 files and over 21 million records so that method doesn't work.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @George_Fischetti 

Can you provide the expected output for the input.

George_Fischetti
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 updated as requested.....

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @George_Fischetti 

Data seems to loading properly for me.

atcodedog05_1-1635350051056.png

If its not working only possible solution would change the datatype in excel before loading it into Alteryx.

atcodedog05_0-1635349968207.png

Hope this helps : )

George_Fischetti
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 Thank you for your input.  Its strange that the data loads perfectly for you but not me.  Could there be a setting in my Excel that is not set properly?  I was trying to avoid going into each file and resaving but it looks like I won't have a choice.

Labels