Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

First time user student question - summary results discrepancy

MarcParrish
5 - Atom

Hello! I'm a student using Alteryx for the first time. I was given the very simple task of uploading a set of sample data from excel and using the browse icon to display summary data, on the left hand side. The problem: my summary data is not matching my professor's, even though I know I am using the correct source file. That file is attached, a publicly available document of 77,001 Oklahoma State University Credit card charges. Alteryx shows all 77,001 lines of data were inputted (bottom window), but after running browse, it only summarizes the data from 14,318 lines. I've attached a screenshot of what I see in Alteryx. Even more confusingly, the summary data on the left shows the same number of records displayed as my instructor: 750,329 Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Thank you for any insight!

Alteryx Screenshot.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
AshleyL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @MarcParrish -

Are you able to send this over as a packaged workflow? To send a packaged workflow go to Options -- Export Workflow.

I'm not able to recreate your issue when I try to input the data myself. The one thing I do notice that's different is that in both your browse and results window, the bars below the field names are fully green, even though you have a lot of nulls (which should make it more yellow -- see photo).

Browse.PNG

Best,

Ashley

MarcParrish
5 - Atom

Thanks for the quick response! I should have included that. Please see attached.

Best,

Marc

AshleyL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @MarcParrish --

Even when I open the packaged workflow, I can't see the same thing you are seeing. Have you tried starting from a blank canvas and doing these steps again?

If so and you're still running into the same issue, why don't you schedule a Virtual Solution Center with Alteryx: Virtual Solution Center.   Schedule it under, 'I need help building something' and 'Designer Basics'. You'll get a 30 minute session with someone who is a Solutions Engineer at Alteryx who should be able to help!

Let me know if starting a new workflow fixes this!

Ashley

MarcParrish
5 - Atom

Hi Ashley,

Yes, I've started it fresh a few times now with the same issue. Wow, that's great! I'll do that now.

AshleyL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @MarcParrish --

I suggest, for now, downgrading to Alteryx Designer 2020.2, as this seems to be an issue with 2020.3. Someone on my team was able to replicate the issue in 2020.3 and we've put in a support ticket.

Please let me know if you are still having this issue after switching to 2020.2. If this helped, make sure you mark this as a solution.

Ashley

Labels