Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

First row of input data is data but being read as a heading

JK15
6 - Meteoroid

Hello alteryx community -

I am attempting to combine several large data sets (.txt files) that do not have headings. Each data sets begins where the last left off, none have headings. How can I combine these data sets without losing the first row of each file. This is my current setup.

Thank you in advance!!

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @JK15 on the Input Data tool you have the option to select or deselect "First Row Contains Field Names" 

First_Row_260919.PNG

LukeG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @JK15 

You can specify if there are headers in the first row with section 6, and you can also specify what line the data starts on with section 8.

Text Options.PNG

Additionally, You can make your workflow more dynamic by using one Input Tool and using a wildcard character (*) where the month is specified.

Wildcard.PNG

Let me know if you have any other questions. Example workflows, data, and screenshots are always helpful.

Luke

Labels