Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

First Time User- Basic Join Question

dewoods17
7 - Meteor

Hi All! I just started with Alteryx and plan to take some of the training, but I need two documents combined for a meeting coming up and am hoping to get some help. I attached examples of the two text files that I have. 1 is by Store by SKU by Week sales history for 2019, the other is by Store by SKU by week sales history for 2018. They are in the exact same format with 2019 showing "TY" and 2018 showing "LY". I am trying to combine these files and I set up a document (also attached) that shows how I am envisioning the extract to come out.  I have been trying to connect the two by sku by store by week then using a join, union, then browse. Can someone help me figure out how to configure these two documents? 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @dewoods17 ,

Attached is an example showing how to get that done.

The idea is to use a join tool combined with a union tool.

fmvizcaino_0-1579639156564.png

Let me know if that works for you. Please mark the answer as correct if I've achieved your expectations.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

dewoods17
7 - Meteor

Thank you! Do you just have one join between the join and the Union? Or are the right and lefts connected as well?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @dewoods17 ,

It is one single join. I only connected the L + J part but you can union the R anchor as well if you want to reproduce a full outer join.

fmvizcaino_0-1579639778175.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

dewoods17
7 - Meteor

I have a follow up question on this. After combining, if i wanted to get an export that combined all "Weeks" to just get a Total by Store by Sku export, how would i do that?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @dewoods17 ,

For that, you add a summarize tool andn group your data by your desired columns.

I'm attaching one example to show you how.

fmvizcaino_0-1579642324399.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels