Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Finding the most frequent words in a cloumn

Pravallika20
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I am having a column in excel which is having sentences. I need to find some common and important keywords and take these keywords in a new column. can anyone please suggest me how to do this? thanks in advance!!!

5 REPLIES 5
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Pravallika20 ,

Here is a one approach you could take:

jamielaird_0-1617190091176.png

Depending on how many sentences and keywords you have this might not be the most efficient solution, but it's a good starting point for small volumes of data.

Pravallika20
8 - Asteroid

Hi @jamielaird,

Thanks for this solution. but here I should find the keywords pattern. we are not having the keywords separetely. we need to find the pattern of keywords from the sentences in the column.

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Pravallika20 

I attached an example of taking in random sentences, and counting how many times each word shows you.

I hope this helps you.

pedrodrfaria_0-1617193150947.png

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

If you have access to the Intelligence Suite, you can try using the topic modeling functionality. This will essentially find words and phrases that are commonly seen with another, to try to find the general topics seen.

https://www.alteryx.com/products/alteryx-platform/intelligence-suite

echuong1_0-1617196730738.png

Pravallika20
8 - Asteroid

Hi @echuong1 ,

I cannot access these any alternate solution?

Labels