Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Finding of grand total of the rows

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

I want to find out the grand total of the rows data. If anyone can assist regarding the same . I have attached a screenshot below to make it easier to understand. 

5 REPLIES 5
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I'm assuming the grad total is for information purposes only... This is very straight forward in alteryx (assuming the values you are looking at are already numbers otherwise you'll need an extra step)

1) record ids.

2) transpose (record ids as key column use all columns except your total column).

2) summarize - group by record id - sum value.

voila

the learning videos on transpose/crosstab and summarize are key. Summarize is one of the most diverse tools in Alteryx... It's just fantastic.

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

that worked perfectly fine. Thank you . yes it is for reviewing purpose. 

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

How to now retrieve the data in the actual format by crosstabbing. I am joinning by record ID but that gives me multiple rows of data. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

O.k. - first you crosstab your original data (record ids are key columns), name is column, value is value and I use sum, but you can use whatever you want - there should only be one value for each entry. After crosstab you join with record id as the join column with the datastream from your summarize tool. summary column.

Vaithi
7 - Meteor

Hi Soumyadipsarkar26,

This can be easily done using Summarize and Union tool. Attaching the workflow for your reference 

Hope this helps 🙂

Labels