Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Finding max date in a week

PNC97
8 - Asteroid

I was trying to find the difference of date in a series of date range and sum of the dates in days in a week if any day is missing.

I think it a bit confusion 😕. I had attached the excel file where you can get a good examples.

Expecting a workflow solution.

Cheers.

PC2296_0-1629151532269.png

6 REPLIES 6
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Not sure I understand what you're looking for.  Have you explored the full functionality of the DateTime functions?

PNC97
8 - Asteroid

As you can see in the above excel sheet I need to find out the date difference between max date in a week with the min date.

Example: if Sun – Sat in week 1 has more than 6 days then last day needs to be add in new column at the 1st day in that week.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Have you tried experimenting with the formula tool and the DateTime functions I linked?  

PNC97
8 - Asteroid

Yes Tried but didn't worked with the Date function and multi row formula

IF (DateTimeDiff([Date 1],[Row-1:Date 1],"days") != 1) and (DateTimeDiff([Date 2],[Row-1:Date 2],"days") != 1) THEN [Date 1] ELSE Null() ENDIF

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Still can't tell what you're looking for from your spreadsheet.  What are the incoming fields and values, and what do you want for new columns and values?

PNC97
8 - Asteroid

Let me explain you in this way

I'm working for a week ie. from Aug 1st to 7th with daily 10 hrs of work and in between the Aug 1st to 7th I Didn't worked on Aug 4th now the

1. 1st output in new column should be sum of the hours worked in between Aug 1st to 7th by leaving Aug 4th.
  2. 2nd Output should be the hours between Aug 3rd last out to Aug 5th 1st In.

And here are the new input files.

Labels