Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Finding historical averages

AlterIT
8 - Asteroid

I have a dataset with few years of historical orders and sales. I am trying to come up with a 3 Yr Avg% and 5 Yr Avg % which is essentially 3 Yr Sum (Orders)/3 yr Sum (Sales) and 5 Yr is based on historical 5 Years (For each state and each week) . Only caveat is it has to ignore the latest year available in dataset, e.g. in current example it will ignore 2021 information and goes further 3 and 5 year back. I have attached dataset in the excel with current and expected  views.

5 REPLIES 5
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @AlterIT ,

Here's one way you can do it. I've transposed your table so all values for sales and orders extend vertically. Then I've parsed the year from the column headers and found the max year in the dataset.

Then for those that are 3 years back to the max year-1 (max year is excluded) and 5 years back I have estimated the averages of orders to sales and joined back to the master table

AngelosPachis_0-1631127676119.png

Hope that helps,

Angelos

AlterIT
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, that seems to be it. However I keep seeing this error while I go through the components

AlterIT_0-1631131607056.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @AlterIT ,

Do you mind trying to run the workflow? If you run it, that error should go away and the workflow should run fine

AlterIT
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot !! with this help

Robert_BlackeyDM
5 - Atom

-

Labels