Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Finding a value in a column and creating another column based on that value

vanorve
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, Community!

I currently have a column called NOLs Generated. It typically includes only numeric values: 

NOLs Generated

However, sometimes, the column will include text among the numeric values, as in the following: 

NOLs Generated

TBD

TBD

I want to write a formula/figure out a way to scan the NOLs Generated column. What I want is as follows: (1) if the NOLs Generated column includes "TBD", then I want to create another column called "Draft_Final" that is filled, top to bottom, with the text "Draft".

If, on the other hand, (2) the NOLs Generated column does not include "TBD", then I want to create another column called "Draft_Final" that is filled, top to bottom, with the text "Final." Please see below:

(1) Draft_Final

Draft

Draft

Draft

or

(2)

Draft_Final

Final

Final

Final

Can someone please help? I've been trying to figure out the best approach for some time now. Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi,

a simple approach could be to filter the rows containing "TBD", count the number of rows, append the count to the rows and create a formula setting a new field to either "Draft" or "Final".

Sample workflow is attached. Hoefully this is helpful

Best regards

Roland

vanorve
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much!

Labels