Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Finding a value in a column and creating another column based on that value

vanorve
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, Community!

I currently have a column called NOLs Generated. It typically includes only numeric values: 

NOLs Generated

However, sometimes, the column will include text among the numeric values, as in the following: 

NOLs Generated

TBD

TBD

I want to write a formula/figure out a way to scan the NOLs Generated column. What I want is as follows: (1) if the NOLs Generated column includes "TBD", then I want to create another column called "Draft_Final" that is filled, top to bottom, with the text "Draft".

If, on the other hand, (2) the NOLs Generated column does not include "TBD", then I want to create another column called "Draft_Final" that is filled, top to bottom, with the text "Final." Please see below:

(1) Draft_Final

Draft

Draft

Draft

or

(2)

Draft_Final

Final

Final

Final

Can someone please help? I've been trying to figure out the best approach for some time now. Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi,

a simple approach could be to filter the rows containing "TBD", count the number of rows, append the count to the rows and create a formula setting a new field to either "Draft" or "Final".

Sample workflow is attached. Hoefully this is helpful

Best regards

Roland

vanorve
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much!

Labels