Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Finding a match fuzzy logic

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

I am trying to find the below. Please let me know how to go about it.

How to find people having same Name , same account but different Id?

sriniprad08_0-1603971294906.png

thanks

Sriniv

21 REPLIES 21
sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Thank you @Maskell_Rascal . I will try it on Original data set and let you know.

Cheers,

Srinivas

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Sure thing, and you're most welcome @sriniprad08 

It's great seeing you have a lot of help on this from the Community!

Credit @Maskell_Rascal @jdunkerley79 

Reach out if you need anything else!

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @Maskell_Rascal 

Thank you for all the support. I was going through your workflow. Can you please help me to read your output? 

For e.g. My goal is to check if there are similar names in the same column if yes find the match score. Ideally each text will be searched through the and against each row. if yes there is a match then output the score.

Cheers,

Sriniv

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hey @sriniprad08 

The workflow is setup to do exactly what you're looking for in the final output. The final step to get the desired results would be to add a formula tool to the end of the workflow like below:

Maskell_Rascal_0-1604334858195.png

This final formula tool goes through and determines if the Matched Name is an exact match to the Original Name. If so, it says the match is 100, otherwise it will output the match score as determined from the Fuzzy Match process. 

I've attached an updated version of the workflow with this formula at the end of it. 

Thanks!

Phil

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @Maskell_Rascal ,

Thank you so much .Really appreciate your time and help.

I will let you know if anything i am missing.

Cheers,

Srinivas

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

hi @Maskell_Rascal ,

One more support ,is it possible to create a flag at the end which says "yes" or "no" based on the following conditions

- same name, different id but same account.

thanks,

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

@sriniprad08 

Can you give me an example and what you'd expect the output to look like? The formula should be easy enough, but want to make sure its configured correctly to your needs. 

Thanks!

Phil

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

hi @Maskell_Rascal 

Thank you for the reply. Something like the below

sriniprad08_0-1604480208683.png

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hey @sriniprad08 

So the formula itself was easy enough, but accounting for scenarios where the name and account are both unique was the part that threw me. To get that part to work, I added in a filter, unique, and join tool to separate out just the unique scenarios listed above. I could then change the indicator to "Yes" and combine all the data back together again. 

Maskell_Rascal_0-1604507916326.png

I've attached a copy of the updated workflow for you. 

Thanks!

Phil

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @Maskell_Rascal ,

Thank you so much.The best and perfect solution !!!

Cheers,

Sriniv

Labels