Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find row and column corresponding to smallest value in a table

iiyoob
6 - Meteoroid

I am working with a data set of N locations including lat long info for each location.  For this dataset, I am trying to find the shortest distance between two locations.

I have been able to create an N X N crosstab with distance information.  Now, I need to find the smallest value in the crosstab (while ignoring 0 values), and then determine the corresponding row and column.  Note that my list of locations is very large.

As an example, I have attached a 10 location crosstab.  In this example, the smallest distance is 2 units between locations D and J.  A similar result is what I would like to get from my large dataset as well.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
iiyoob
6 - Meteoroid

I was able to solve this problem by leaving the reverting to a table (not crosstab), and then Summarize by minimum distance, followed by Sort Ascending and finally Selecting 1st record.

Labels