Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
ALTER.NEXT:

Join us on Dec 2 for a half-day virtual analytics + data science event!
US & CA customers only

SAVE YOUR SPOT
It's the most wonderful time of the year - Santalytics 2020 is here! This year, Santa's workshop needs the help of the Alteryx Community to help get back on track, so head over to the Group Hub for all the info to get started!

Find records that disappeared

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I have 2 transaction files with 150000+ rows each: File A is the older file and File B is the newer one. I need to find which entries from File A disappeared on file B and sum the total amount (debt amount) that disappeared.

I have only managed to create a Unique ID for both files so far - workflow attached.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Highlighted
13 - Pulsar

Unable to access the sample data from the workflow attached.   Possible to share sample data separately?

Highlighted
12 - Quasar

Try the Join tool.  If your file A is the left input anchor and your file B is the right input anchor, and you set up your unique id as the join field, then the Left Output will be records that exist in file A, but not in file B.

See the example for the Join tool.   Type Join at the top right, then when Alteryx displays Join under the list of tools, click the button for Example.

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Thank you - I think I managed to get the output, but where I am actually stuck is how to output this information in a user friendly way. I would need the missing entries + the values associated to it so I then can calculate what disappeared.

Any idea?

Thank you.

Highlighted
12 - Quasar

Can you provide sample data (less than your full 150,000 records)?

See this post to create a zip file (yxzp) that includes your workflow and data files:

Export Workflows with Attachments (Assets)

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Export-Workflows-with-Attachments-Assets/ta-...

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Hi @lelisj,

Could this solution help you out?

As @ChrisTX pointed out, the sources would be very helpful.

Best,
Yalmar

Labels