Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Find previous Date

Inactive User
Not applicable

I currently have a table of all the business days of the year. WorkingDays [BusDate]. I have a file that contains the current date WorkingFile [CurrentDate]. I am trying to figure out how to find the previous business day from the [BusDate] field in the WorkingDays table using the [CurrentDate] in the WorkingFile table, and return it to a field labeled [PriorBusDate] in the WorkingFile. For some reason this is difficult for me.  

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Inactive User ,

Can you provide a mock dataset so we can help?

Thanks,

M

Bulien

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

There are multiple ways of doing this, but I would use a conditional statement to figure out the day of the week and base my calculation off of that.

if DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd([Current Date],-1,'days'),'%a') = 'Sun' then DateTimeAdd([Current Date],-3,'days')
elseif DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd([Current Date],-1,'days'),'%a') = 'Sat' then DateTimeAdd([Current Date],-2,'days')
else
DateTimeAdd(DateTimeNow(),-1,'days') endif

echuong1_0-1610646402810.png

Labels