Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find polygons in grid iteratively - not finding all points

Claje
14 - Magnetar

So the attached workflow is pretty basic/straightforward so far.

There was a really cool "Make Hex Grid" alteryx macro that was published recently, so I wanted to try out building an iterative macro to pick all spaces within X range of the location.

The iterative macro itself still needs some cleanup for some basic things like not creating a grid on the 0'th iteration, but it works for a distance of 2.

GoodHexGrid.png

However, when I go to distances larger than 2, there's this really odd behavior where some hexes will not appear.  This occurs consistently, but is still confusing. I'm sure this is a somewhat obvious miss, but I'm hoping for some help in sorting this out.

The left-most hex on the center row is missing.The left-most hex on the center row is missing.

EDIT: What's even weirder is that if I place the iterative macro one after another in a series and run them, it seems to work exactly right?

1 REPLY 1
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Sorted out a solution - changing the summarize methodology to "Convex Hull" rather than "Combine" Resolved this - assuming its because that extra space was only counting once for some reason.

Labels