Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find and Replace

syatham1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I want to replace the whole string (in my Source table field) with the value from lookup table(target). For Ex: SourceField('xxx123') Target(123). If any part of the SourceField contains '123', I want to replace value '123' from Target  into SourceField.   My lookup table has 60 values. So I don't want to hard code using IF THEN ELSIF condition. Is there any way or tool to do this in Alteryx

3 REPLIES 3
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
There is a quick way round this - use the find-replace tool but instead of replacing instances of the search pattern, chose the option to append a field with the replacement text.

You can then do a quick formula to replace your original field with this new
Column if it is not null.

Let me know if this solves your problem (and would you mind marking as solved) or if you still have questions reply on this thread with sample data and I can mock it up for you tonight.

Cheers
Sean
syatham1
6 - Meteoroid

Hey thanks for sharing this. It worked

fiorano
8 - Asteroid

Hi,  Could you explain how to use the lookup values in the formula?

Labels