Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find and Replace Tool Not Showing All Options?

dmpope
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this an issue with the spreadsheet or my configurations. But I have a set of BIN Numbers in my data that I need to find on my VLOOKUP spreadsheet and add a column with it's corresponding bank. Below is an example of my replace table/spreadsheet, my data I'm searching, and the output that I need:

dmpope_0-1655825223390.png

I have the data set in the "Find" anchor and the Replace table linked to the "Replace" anchor. In the configuration window, I set "Find within Field" to the BIN column. But the "Find Value" is only showing Currency and Bank option. I suppose I'm confused since I need to match the BIN numbers between both sheets and append the Bank number to my data. Can anyone help on what I need to fix?

dmpope_1-1655825407526.png

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

Have you checked whether or not the [BIN] field is numeric in your lookup table (the input with Currency/Bank)? If you haven't done any conversion then Alteryx will read this in as numeric based on the example above. It'll need to be a string data type if so.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@dmpope in your Data Example make sure the field 'BIN' is string. Find Replace only allow string fields

dmpope
8 - Asteroid

Thank you both! I didn't realize it needed to be a string value. All good now :)

Labels