Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Find and Replace Journal Entry

jalizmaldonado
8 - Asteroid

Hi, there are two separate issues I'm currently having when trying to complete my journal entry. 

1. When I use the find and replace tool, I can't seem to bring along all of the necessary data. For instance, I need to pull all Values/Sum_Values along with the CTL4/CTL5. For some reason, it's only pulling some but not all. The "set 2" data set is the format I'm looking to have. The Combreg input/name should match the G/L Categories.

2. The" test output" file is an example of where the values are supposed to be placed. I was trying to create a formula where  - if there is [^a-zA-Z0-9], replace the language in the cell with the corresponding value. But apparently [^a-zA-Z0-9] doesn't mean characters in the cell? I'm not entirely sure. 

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jalizmaldonado 

The "Total Invoice (CDN)" in set2 can not be found in set 1.

Can you double check the data?

For this case, A joint tool should be applied.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @jalizmaldonado 

The Find-Replace is useful only if you want to do a replacement or perhaps add 1 field.   If you need to add multiple fields, use a join tool, then you get full control over the number of fields.

In terms of matching to something like  [^a-zA-Z0-9] - this would generally be done with either a regex tool, or a formula that uses Regex.    

If you need to get some practice on Regex - I can't recommend http://regex101.com enough!

Labels