Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find € and EUR although there is no space before or behind

ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I have a XML file where I need to extract data. I used:

REGEX_CountMatches([AcceptanceTableRow1_OuterXML], 'EUR')
OR
REGEX_CountMatches([AcceptanceTableRow1_OuterXML], '€')

and

Contains([Value],'EUR')
OR
Contains([Value],'€')

and I found almost all entries. Nevertheless some entires are missing. Figures like 2.312,40€ will not be found. In case there is a space before and behind the € or the EUR, the data is found. How can I find the figures with no space as well?

Thanks, Uli

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ulrich_schumann,

I think that the problem might be parenthesis rather than code.  If you are looking for (A or B) AND (C or D) rather than (A or (B AND C) or D), the parenthesis is important.

Maybe you could post some sample data and your code and we can help to fix it?

Cheers,

Mark (et al)

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

Hi MarqueeChrew,

thanks for your response. The syntax is working corretly but as I now figured out, there is an issue with the XML import already.

I import the data via the input tool with ...\XML\*.xml

I now recognized there are 2 slightly different versions of the XML. Depending on the first XML being read, some of the files are missed because:

Warning: Input Data (47): The file "C:\Users\...\XML\Overall_Acceptance_v2_signed.xml" has a different # of fields than the 1st file in the set and will be skipped

and the other way around a differnet set of files will be loaded. The fields that I need to read are named exactly the same in both XML versions.

Do you see any chance for a single import with slightly differnet fields without manually sorting the files into 2 folders and run 2 data imports?

Cheers.

ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

For the time being I imported the XML file twice. Each folder starts with a different one of the 2 possible XML files. Therfore only one XML type will be imported per input tool.

After the import I join selected fields (which are exactly of the same structure in both versions) and get to my final list.

Not a perfect solution - but at least working for now.

Labels