Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find Value in a row then create insert new value into new column

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

Hello all, I'm trying to build an overall "Final" Column, I want this to basically look through every row, and if there is any "No Match"  in that row, then I want "No Match" To display in the "FINAL" Column, if all are "match", (or no match does not appear at all), I want "Match" to be output in the Final column for that row, any idea what tool I should use to approach this? Any tips at all would be appreciated not having much luck with formula.

dberroth_0-1603144905480.png

5 REPLIES 5
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @dberroth,

This workflow should work.  I used a Dynamic Select tool so it can be scaled for additional Reason Code fields.  Using a Transpose tool with Summarize tools makes it easier to look at summarized data, then join the results back to the original data.  Let me know if you have questions.

Find Values.jpg

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@dberroth 
Kindly check this is what you want.
It may be better to paste a text sample rather than snapshot, took me some time to prepare the sample data😁1020-dberroth.PNG

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your help! That is exactly what I'm needing, I'll be sure to start including sample data. One last question, would it be easy to add another text to look for in the below. 

For example if I want to look for both 'No Match' and 'No' to equal '1'? or do I need to create another tool step for this. 

Formula  you provided:

if contains([_CurrentField_],"No Match",1) then 1 else 0 endif

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@dberroth 
We can modify the formula to

if contains([_CurrentField_],"No Match",1) or contains([_CurrentField_],"No",1) then 1 else 0 endif

But I am sure it is really good to do so, since the checking "No" will supersede the checking for "No Match".
Anyway, updated workflow attached for your reference.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@dberroth 
Good to know it works and thank you for the mark!

Labels