Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find Nearest Tool with Conditional Filtering

Jandujar
5 - Atom

Hi Everyone!

My goal is to find the nearest 15 medical facilities for any given point while also filtering for specific criteria.  My universe dataset has many Medical offices located in the same building.  Is there a way to use the Find Nearest Tool and also filter out multiple instances that are near matches? (Maybe something with Fuzzy Matching?)  An example would be something like two Oncologists who operate their own separate practices from the same building.  So, in theory, their address would be the same minus a different suite number.  Ultimately making both "Offices" the same distance from the original given point.  My first thought would be to "Find Nearest" for a high number like the nearest 1000 locations and then adding a formula or filter tool after this point to create the rules for filtering.  Am I on the right track or is there a simpler way to do something like this?  

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I think the easiest way to do this would be to use the unique addresses. You can do this by using a unique tool and selecting the address field. This will give you the first record for each address. If you'd like keep information of the different providers at the address, you can concatenate them using a summarize tool with a group by on the address field. 

If you're able to post sample data, I can mock a workflow. 

Hope this helps!

Labels