Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find Multiple unrelated names for one bank account account number

George_Fischetti
8 - Asteroid

Hi Folks - I'm new to Alteryx and trying to get a workflow started.  I cannot seem to find a similar topic in the community so I figured I'd just spell it out.

I have a file that includes records that represent payments to an insurance policy.  there can be two situations:

a) 1 bank account can pay 1 policy

b) 1 bank account can pay multiple policies and also show unrelated names. 

I would like to isolate situation B where multiple unrelated names are showing up for a bank account.  I'd like a bit of guidance as I'm not totally familiar with the Alteryx tools just yet.

Looking forward to the learning opportunity, Thanks in advance,

George

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @George_Fischetti 

Some sample data would be helpful, but what you could do to find instances where a bank account is showing multiple times is:

1. Group By tool:
    1. Group by: Bank Account Number
    2. Count: Bank Account Number
  2. Filter tool to filter where the count <> 1
  3. Join these accounts back to the main data set to limit the population to just records with this fact pattern.
csmith11
11 - Bolide

With a Summarize Tool (Count Function) and a Filter Tool you should be able to Isolate such accounts. You can then tie the Isolated account back to your policy data for a list of related policies paid by a single account. (Please see image below and attached workflow)

If helpful, please consider marking as the solution to help other community members easily identify the solution.

csmith11_0-1631558595470.png

George_Fischetti
8 - Asteroid

Thank you both for your input!!

Labels