Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find Duplicates

Akash__on
8 - Asteroid

Question: Find duplicates with the same name, gender, and DOB. 

Duplicates can be anywhere on the table.

I need final output with all table fields (not just name, gender, DOB)

Akash__on_0-1656058564382.png

Regards,

Aakash

8 REPLIES 8
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hi @Akash__on if you bring on a 'Unique' tool and tick Name, Gender and DOB in the 'Column Names' section, the duplicates will then come out of the bottom (D) anchor when you hit run. This will show all fields as you requested.

Kurohits
10 - Fireball

Hi @Akash__on 

Find the attached workflow for the solution. 

Kurohits_0-1656060784873.png

Thanks 

Rohit Gupta

Kurohits
10 - Fireball

Hi @Akash__on 

Little bit tweak the workflow for better result. You can use this workflow to solve your problem. 

Kurohits_0-1656061169094.png

Thanks 

Rohit Gupta

Akash__on
8 - Asteroid

@Kurohits you are joining on names and there are 4-5 rows with each name in the main data, which will multiply the join and will produce exaggerated results as the name is not a unique column to join on. This will not work, I already tried this.

Thanks & Regards,

Aakash

Akash__on
8 - Asteroid

@DataNath This will not show both the entries, it will send one entry to the unique and the duplicate one to the duplicate. I need both entries.

Kurohits
10 - Fireball

Hi @Akash__on 

Have you tried the workflow. Because I am using summarize tool and filter tool to match the condition. Also check the below screen shot. I have added some more duplicate names and it would work perfectly. 

Kurohits_1-1656063926069.png

Kurohits_0-1656063895203.png

Try it once it would definitely work. 

Thanks

Rohit Gupta

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Akash__on, give this a try.

grazitti_sapna_0-1656065187107.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Kaustubh17
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Akash__on 

I would still recommend using the Unique tool.  It gives you the first unique on one output and the rest of the duplicates on the other output.  You can then join together to get all the records or just add tools from before the Unique tool.

If this post resolves the question, would you be so kind as to "Select as Solved"?. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution and help the community keep track of answered questions.

Thank you.

Kaustubh

Labels