Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Finally adding AMP engine to our servers; Tips & Tricks for our designers?

GoldenDesign04
8 - Asteroid

We're finally enabling AMP to our server cluster this November when we upgrade the servers and our user's Designer desktop applications. 

We have looked over the great documents by Alteryx on the server and the designer's best practices but would love to hear from the community their takes.

We'll be giving our 200+ designers discretion to update their existing workflows to AMP if they so choose. What potential caveats/downfalls you'd give to someone looking to upgrade dozens or hundreds of their workflows?

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Which version are you upgrading to?  I have a few tips for version 2021.4.2

Alteryx provided this feedback:

We have done extensive improvements to AMP especially for the 2022.1 Release where AMP Engine became the default for new workflows.

Chris

GoldenDesign04
8 - Asteroid

We'll be upgrading from 2021.2

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Which version are you going to?

It sounds like many of our AMP challenges may have been fixed with version 2022.1

GoldenDesign04
8 - Asteroid

You are correct we are going to 2022.1

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Have you completed extensive testing using AMP in version 2022.1?  Any tips to share?

Would you be able to share any bugs you've encountered, that still exist in 2022.1?

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Chris is correct. we have fixed several issues with memory deadlocks that may be experienced with AMP on versions prior to 21.4 and have addressed a lengthy list of defects with the 2022.1 Release where AMP is the default for new workflows. 

I see the November timeframe, which might make sense to go with the 2022.1 version - however, I can provide a preview of a new feature that will be available starting with the 2022.3 Release (targeted before EOY 2022, not sure on exact dates yet) which will allow users to point to a folder of multiple workflows and have them run with original Engine and AMP and compare the results. Results will be generated providing specific information about differences that were found to help users to identify which workflows can easily/safely be migrated to AMP and identify those that might require some review and possible tweaks to the workflow when migrating it to AMP. 

If you go with 2022.1, hopefully you might be able to upgrade to 2022.3 early next year to experience those benefits. 

If you want to email me when you are getting ready to upgrade, I may have more definite idea on when the 2022.3 Release will be available and if it would work for you to use that instead of 2022.1.   tonya.smith@alteryx.com 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
Labels