Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Filters not working correctly?

HarryRoles
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have a really strange issue here. I have some basic filters to show me dates less than the year 1921, or greater than 2016. For some reason when i run the workflow, its working for most dates, but there are quite a few dates that just are not listening to the filter.

For example, I have attached a screenshot of where I want to see dates less than 1921, and you can a lot of dates that are greater.

Can someone help please?

3 REPLIES 3
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @HarryRoles,

It looks like you're doing the filter on Date of Birth and not DateTime_Out (which is your datetime field) as you should be?

Kind regards,

Jonathan

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @HarryRoles ,

Please find attached an example workflow doing what you have described.

Do let me know if this works.

Best,

Jagdeesh Narayanan

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @HarryRoles — Seems that you have already converted your dates from String to Date datatype, hence apply a filter using your [DateTime_Out] field.

2nd point — If [DateTime_Out] field has Null, then check its respective values of [Date of Birth] field if that has some other date format.

(FYI, if we apply a filter on a date field which has a proper date format (YYYY-MM-DD) for Alteryx workflow, then the filter tool will show with a Calendar to select the date value.)

Labels