Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering

rheatubby1234
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am trying to filter so that I remove secondary citizenship and keep null Citizenship and primary - "CITIZENSHIP_STATUS" <> 'S'
or "CITIZENSHIP_STATUS" IS NULL

What I want to do is say if there is remove secondary citizenship unless there is no primary so that it will not remove the secondary Citizenships that have no primary

Hopefully this makes sense

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@rheatubby1234 ,

If you post some data or dummy data representing your real world data we can build it for you.

M.

Bulien

rheatubby1234
5 - Atom

Thank you. Here is some very simple data. What I want is for it to only pull the primary unless there is no primary and there is only secondary

Thanks

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @rheatubby1234 ,

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I've built the workflow to drop the secondary column and use the secondary as primary if the primary is null:

mceleavey_0-1623840310755.png

mceleavey_1-1623840323488.png

I hope this is what you need.

M.

Bulien

rheatubby1234
5 - Atom

Thank you, I tried this but I think I made this more complex. The data is coming from IN-DB so not Excel so there is only one column as such which is citizenship status and then they can have both primary and secondary in here so there isn't a column to arrange it by if that makes any sense

I have added another EXcel which shows this more clearly. Apologies, I am very new to this

Thanks

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @rheatubby1234 ,

No problem. You just need a bit of Crosstab magic:

mceleavey_1-1623844925245.png

mceleavey_0-1623844914808.png

mceleavey_2-1623844944001.png

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien