Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering out minimum value from constantly changing numbers

wonsin83
5 - Atom

Hi guys,

I have a data set with related month at the end of the columns. The original input will include 3 months of data, and once Alteryx spit out the data, I would like to use the last 2 months from the output as an input for next month's report. For example, if my input data included July, August, September, I want the output to return only last 2 months excluding the earliest month, i.e. August and September in this case. Because every month we will be adding new month data to the output, the 3 month period will change on monthly basis, so i can't specify the month to exclude. Instead, I am hoping there is a way for Alteryx to automatically identify lowest value in the Month column and filter it out from the output. Is there a way to do this? I tried to use MIN function within filter tool in combination with !=, but didn't work.. 

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @wonsin83 ,

I'm doing almost what you have done, but using a join tool after summarizing to filter everything that it is not the min month.

fmvizcaino_0-1575941934172.png

Take a look at the attached example and let me know if that works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

tom_montpool
12 - Quasar

You might want to look at my response to Select-last-2-columns 

Labels