Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering out duplicates based on criteria

kas
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I'm trying to filter out any duplicates based on specific criteria. Example below - most records in my data set don't have duplicates but I need to weed out the ones that do.  All the duplicate Policy Numbers with an Event Name of "COVID" I need to filter out.

Thank you,

Kim

Current  Desired
Policy #Event Name  Policy #Event Name
1234567COVID  123456790 Day Suspend
123456790 Day Suspend  7654321EFT Lapse Pending
7654321EFT Lapse Pending  3456789Grace Hold
7645321COVID    
3456789Grace Hold    
3456789COVID    
4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @kas ,

You can achieve that by first counting the number of occurrences, then using a filter to eliminate those with duplicates policy numbers and event='Covid'.

I got a different result than yours but I think it was due to a mistyping in your example.

fmvizcaino_0-1593562123499.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @kas, I might be oversimplifying your question, but just using a Filter tool should help you remove policy numbers with an Event Name of 'COVID', no? Unless you want to identify those Policy# that have COVID in Event Name, and then de-duplicate the remaining corresponding non-COVID records for each of those Policy#'s. Please ignore my question if @fmvizcaino's solution already addresses your ask.

kas
8 - Asteroid

This works perfectly...thank you kindly!

Kim

kas
8 - Asteroid

Thanks so much for your time @AbhilashR ...and yes, @fmvizcaino solution is a perfect fix.

Labels