Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering only figures from the data

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

I have data as per screenshot below which consist of other informations , ie : spacing, empty column ,wording and etc and figures. However, i only want to the alteryx to filter and produce figures. May i know how can we edit in the Alteryx?

Jcsh_66_0-1617562161068.png

Thank you in advance

7 REPLIES 7
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 

Here's two potential solutions:

1. Use the tonumber function in the filter tool. Only successfully converted records return in the true anchor
  2. Use regex match in the filter tool to check for records that only contain numbers. I used an 'or' clause here to account for the negative numbers, but I'm sure there's someone more experienced in regex that potentially has a quicker way.

Hope this helps!

Luke_C_0-1617575993095.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@SH_94 
Here is another one.

0405-Jcsh_66.PNG

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Qiu ,

Thanks a lot for the prompt response.

Could you briefly explain on the symbol and concept used in this case? I had tried the formula and it does not filter out the " null " column in the workflow.

Thank you so much for your help.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@SH_94 

Hope this would be alright.

0405-Jcsh_66-1.PNG

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Qiu,

I have tried to use the formula and noted that it does not filter out the " null " column in the workflow. May i know how can i edit the formula to capture this part?

Thanks a lot again for your time.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@SH_94 

Sorry about that. Did not expect null rows.

Lets change the last identifier from * to +.

0405-Jcsh_66-2.PNG

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@SH_94 

Appreciate you would mark the reply as accept, if you find it useful. 😁

Labels