Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering from a list containing wildcards

sojeda
5 - Atom

I have a table that contains a free-for-all field in which individuals can enter comments. These comments contain certain keywords that I'm trying to identify. I'm creating a custom filter expression using the IN function to generate a list, rather than create individual IF statements for each of the keywords. It seems like the traditional SQL wildcard identifier doesn't work with the alteryx IN function, so now I'm at a dead end for which Google has had no answers. Is this at all possible?

Ex.

[field] IN (%"keyword1"%, %"keyword2"% )

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

IN

Determines if a given value matches any value in a subquery or a list.

[GeoLevel] IN("Street", "Intersection")

from the help guide.

So it seems, just remove your %'s.

Ben

sojeda
5 - Atom

I thought so too at first and gave it at try to no avail. An example of the field in which I'm trying to isolate these keyword would be:

"This project is related to [keyword], for client x. [keyword2] is due by date x". I need alteryx to be able to identify which records have those keywords in that field and filter them. Hence why I need the wildcard functionality to be able to isolate the keywords.

Labels