Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering data based on a date that's returned in a prior step in the workflow

EYU07
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx geniuses,

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to filter data based on a date that's returned in a prior step in the same workflow.  I have the following summarized data by posting date, and since 2019-10-25 has the largest positive number, it is the effective date that I need.  For the next step, I need to filter the original non-summarized data by selecting all of the posting dates on and after the effective date 2019-10-25.  Since they are within the same workflow, I don't know if it's possible to accomplish this.  I could select the 2019-10-25 date by sorting and sampling, but I don't know how to use this date result back to the workflow for the next step filtering.  Please help!!  Thank you!

yyu3_0-1572623182603.png

yyu3_1-1572623405165.png

3 REPLIES 3
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@EYU07 

Use the Append tool to add your sampled record back to your data set. You an then use the date in your filter.

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@EYU07 You can use the append fields tool to append the total (sample top 1, biggest number) to every dataset. You can then use the sort tool to sort based on the biggest number, and then a sample tool, top 1, group by the date to grab the biggest data. 

Digan
Alteryx
EYU07
7 - Meteor

The Append Tool is perfect!  I need to explore this tool a bit more, thank you both!

yyu3_1-1572626394873.png

Labels