Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering columns by second row of data

DavidGorrie
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I have a spreadsheet similar to this example with a lot of countries and products and I need to get a a list of products with a 2 under the status of page columns alongside the Country this product comes from. I don't need to separate the count of German and English products within a country so for product x in Germany I would just say there's 2 product x pages for Germany and 1 for UK.

Capture.PNG

I thinking of beginning to do this by filtering out columns by the second row but I cant seem to find a way. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
seven
12 - Quasar

Hi @DavidGorrie 

will you please include these sample data in a spreadsheet? Also include, in a spreadsheet and an image, what your desired outcome looks like.

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I suggest concatenating the two header lines together. From there, you can use a dynamic select to identify only the fields with "page" in it, and then filter from there. See attached for an example.

echuong1_0-1594913614104.png

Hope this helps!

DavidGorrie
5 - Atom

Thanks this was really helpful!

Labels