Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering centroids from an area on a map

RogerA
8 - Asteroid

Hi - i have converted lat/long data onto a map, and there's a specific area i wish to focus on, filtering the data from this area and moving on to the next part of my workflow.

Is there a way to do this?   I have no spatial files to reference against, but i can see by drawing a rectangle on the map preview over the area, it highlights the rows in the browse window.  Is it possible to filter from here in any way?

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @RogerA 

The map tools will zoom to include all the points in your record set.  If you only have one, and the map is zoomed in too much, create a trade area around it.  The map will zoom to show the trade area.

If you have lots of points and are trying to focus on a group of them, filter your records so that they're within a box defined by min/max latitude and min/max longitude

Dan 

RogerA
8 - Asteroid

Yes this makes sense, i can just use a filter tool to go higher or lower than the lat/longs to create a rectangle around the area i need.

Labels