Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering based on entire column total

coglioan
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!

I have a process flow that uses a formula to calculate if a row as an error. The column [Error Count] is added showing 1 if an error is found or 0 if no error. I am in need of having criteria based on the total error count of the file, not the individual row.

I read on how to add a total to the error count column, but the same issue arises in that it seems I can only add a filter based on that total row.

Does anyone know if it's possible to base criteria/filter on the sum of the [Error Count] column so that the entire input file could move to the next step based on if there was at least 1 error (and another step if no errors)?

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @coglioan,

To achieve that I would add a summery like this and sum up the column then append that information to each row on the table table then filter on that total column.

IraWatt_0-1651851974060.png

Would have added workflow but I don't have the data. If you have any questions on this setup make sure to ask :)

HTH,

Ira

coglioan
6 - Meteoroid

@IraWatt this worked perfectly! Thanks so much for the solution!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @coglioan ! glad it worked for you :)

Labels