Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering Field and Assigning Values to Adjacent Field

workinghardly
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to assign the Amount values to the Populate field, next to the 0's. Starting from the first value in Amount and continuing down, top to bottom.  

FormulaPopulateAmount
1 1410
0 2110
1 1600
1 1880

The end stating looking like this:

FormulaPopulateAmount

Is this possible? I hope that the question makes sense. As I write it, I am confusing myself. 

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
michael_d
8 - Asteroid

Hi workinghardly,

Here's a quick fix for you, it should hopefully work for you based on what I understand from your query. Any questions are welcome.

Thanks,

Michael

workinghardly
6 - Meteoroid

Apparently I am using an older version of Alteryx so I was not able to open your workflow :(

michael_d
8 - Asteroid

Which version are you running? Have a look here...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/knowledgebase/article-id/854

If you aren't comfortable doing it yourself I can still try and fix it for you :)

Thanks,

Michael

workinghardly
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Michael,

I am using version 10.6.8. My team has earlier workflows that were not working on the latest version so we stuck with this one, unfortunately.

michael_d
8 - Asteroid

Give this a try, fingers crossed

workinghardly
6 - Meteoroid

Michael,

Receiving the same error, 'document created by more recent version' :(. Any chance on a screenshot and I can try and mimic it?

michael_d
8 - Asteroid

Here you go, hopefully it's easily understandable and makes sense, I've annotated where I can :)

Thanks,

Michael

workinghardly
6 - Meteoroid

Michael,

Thanks so much! Made complete sense and I was able to work through it on my larger file. Appreciate the guidance!

michael_d
8 - Asteroid

No problem, happy to help :)

Labels