Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering Data Out

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

Hi All, 

I have a problem. Below I have shared 2 sample data Input and the Desired output. 

I want to Create a New Field New Comment Where it will check by Request no and Name. If For a Request no It has 3 different Exception names it will check under which name in the Field Filter Criteria all the Rows are Co-ordination. It will Create a New Field New Comments and update "Coordination Hours booked" only for those names. 

Note : If any of the Rows have Review or Processing for that Particular request no and has the same Exception name Then It will be Left Blank. Can somebody help me out with this ? Sample Dataset given below

11 REPLIES 11
DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@DataNath Can you help me out with this ? 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@DataPirate26 
Let me confirm your output.

USR00023434 is having only two different  different Exception names.

And for row#256, even Field Filter Criteria is Coordination, but it was not marked as "Coordination Hours booked"

Can you kindly clarify?

Capture1A.PNG

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@Qiu Thanx For responding. Yes let me Clarify you that. 

So If you see for Tamal gupta even though the Request no is same but if you see the Filter Criteria Field there are two different rows Processing and Coordination. But I need to Pick up only those names where all the Rows for the same exception name are Coordination. If there is only one single row for a request number and that person in the Filter Criteria Field has Coordination then also it will be picked up but anything apart from that shall be not. 

Let me know if there are any doubts ? 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @DataPirate26 , please find my workflow for your problem. I implemented the solution on top of your input only. Let me know if it helped.

Thanks!!

Sapna Gupta
DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@grazitti_sapna Thanx for you quick response. Yes this looks fine. Very precise solution. I will test few more scenarios to verify the same. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@DataPirate26 
Thank you for the clarification.

I have one left now.
You said "If For a Request no It has 3 different Exception names"
but USR00023434 is having only two different  different Exception names.

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@Qiu Sorry for not being clear. That was just an example. It can have any number of names it can have only one name , two , three ..... etc. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@DataPirate26 
Thank you very much for the clarifiction.
I have a workflow similar with @grazitti_sapna  with some difference.

0915-DataPirate26.PNG

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@Qiu This also worked fine. Thanx a lot for your quick response

Labels