Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter to Output Not Working

bg00
6 - Meteoroid

I'm making my first workflow within Alteryx, and am having an issue with the filtering to output file not applying the filters. Here is the workflow:

bg00_0-1613690119909.png

The output I'm having trouble with is "User Modifications". It seems to be ignoring the first filter (where blanks are false) as well as the second filter. Everything except the rows I am looking for is going to output.

Can anyone provide a solution for this? This is my first workflow again so explanations in simple terms are appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
Tyro_abc
11 - Bolide

Hi @bg00 

Without analyzing the workflow it is difficult to solve. If possible then please share your workflow.

Best Regards

Arundhuti

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@bg00 

Try to use IsEmpty() for the first filter.

= "" actually will confuse Alteryx

Qiu_0-1613691685839.png

bg00
6 - Meteoroid

@Qiu I tried to use the IsEmpty() but a parse error kept popping up. I wrote it as:

[Column Name] IsEmpty()

In the customer filter

bg00
6 - Meteoroid

Here it is! My goal is to filter all of the users that have anything other than Null or some version of "Ok" in the business feedback column, and export those users to the output file "user modifications". Currently, only the nulls and ok rows are being exported.

Would there be a better way to do the filter, since some of the feedback says things in addition to just "Ok", but I want anything that says "ok" as part of the cell to be excluded? Is there another tool for that?

Thank you!

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @bg00,

I'd recommend using the following expression in your filter:

!IsEmpty([Business Feedback])
AND
!Contains([Business Feedback], "Ok")

I hope this helps!

Also, I see that you have referenced dummy data in your workflow. However, sending a .yxmd file does not include the data itself. If your intention was to also send the dummy data for community members, you can go to Options > Export Workflow to create a .yxzp file that will include the dummy data! 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@bg00 

As I have suggested, and be care of the upper and lower cases since it is case sensitive.

!IsEmpty([Business Feedback])
AND
[Business Feedback]!="Ok"

Qiu_0-1614056149100.png

Labels