Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Filter into Query Database.

neromerob
10 - Fireball

Hello to Everyone. 

I have a workflow similar to this one. 

test_filter.jpg

As you can see, there´s a filter tool there. What i´m looking for is how to transform that filter into a SQL statement, so I can use that code directly into the database, of course, TEST_TABLE is just and example as I know when yo connect to a database building querys looks as the picture below. 

CONNECT.jpg

Thank you For the Help 

5 REPLIES 5

Hello @neromerob 

There are 2 ways for you to connect to your database. You can connect by either using the regular in memory tools like  "Input tool" OR the In-DB tools.

If you will use the regular in memory tools so you will need your YXDB to be replaced by data coming from your DB. Once done, you can still use the same filter tool that you have below.

You will just need to convert it to a SQL acceptable syntax if you are planning on using the IN-DB tools. Is that the case?

neromerob
10 - Fireball

Hello @christine_assaad.

The workflow that I show is an example, the real input is connected to a Database, and then there´s is a filter. 

The thing that im looking for is how to transform the code that exists in the filter and implement it directly into the SQL  Editor. 

thank you. 

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

If your input tool is connected to a database, why not have the filter as part of your db query?  Or are you wanting to also do something with the 'False' results in a different flow?  Or are you wanting a dynamic filter (interface)?

Thanks @neromerob 

Can't you use the input tool just to pull the columns needed from the DB and then the filter tool to filter it? You don't need to do everything in the SQL editor.

The idea is that if the formula is complex in SQL, you can just pull the data and leverage Alteryx to skip the SQL coding part and still get the job done.

neromerob
10 - Fireball

I mean, for all i know everything works well the way it ism but there are some concerns that by using a Filter tool the process could potentially become slower, that´s the reason why i´m looking a way to transform what exist in that filter into a SQL Code. 

Labels